Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Isaac turned 3! (two months ago)

One of my best friends (Allison) that I've known for nearly 20 years has an adorable little boy named Isaac. He was born (right on Mark's b-day actually!) less than 4 months after Noah was born, and while Mark was doing a rotation in Portland at the time (where they were living). Allison & her husband Ethan arranged for Mark to rent the apartment across the hall from them for that month, so Noah and I were able to come out and stay there for a good portion of that month. So, since we've had a special attachment to this little guy from the beginning, it's a lot of fun to watch him and Noah become little buddies. Here they are in the bounce house at Isaac's birthday party!

I got a kick out of this really short clip of Lincoln in the bounce house. He says a quick "hi!" and then biffs it.


Just a clip of Noah, Lincoln and Isaac in the bounce house.


Noah thought having the bounce house at Isaac's party was just about the coolest thing ever, and he loved that he could get it and out all on his own.

Isaac loves Thomas the train. His dad Ethan whipped this cake up in a few hours the night before the party & it was so cute!...handy having a chef for a dad, huh?

Isaac blowing out his birthday candles.

Enjoying his cake!

I'm not sure what Isaac and Noah were looking at, but I thought this shot of the two of them sitting next to each other was pretty cute.

Present opening time!


I made Isaac a Thomas the train blanket...


You never know if a blanket is going to be exciting to a 3 year old (especially with lots of cool new toys), but Allison tells me that he loves it and sleeps with it! *phew*

I thought his expression was priceless after he pulled this wad of cash out of a birthday card! He looked quite pleased with himself.

They even had a face-painter at the party. The kids loved it and she did a great job! I was a bit skeptical whether Noah would hold still long enough for her to paint his face, but he proved me wrong!

And here's proof! He didn't fidget one bit the whole time she was painting, so I had to document the event. I suppose the will-power is available when he knows that he'll get a Buzz Lightyear painted on his cheek in the end!


Cute, huh?
Thanks for inviting us to your great party, Isaac! We had lots of fun!

No comments: