Monday, August 2, 2010

Toy Story 3 and mission friends

The release of Toy Story 3 was long anticipated in our home. June 19 was the big day for us to see it in the theater, and we were able to go with both sets of grandparents too! The boys wore "space ranger" shirts and Buzz Lightyear wings and we all had a great time. I'm so glad that I at least enjoy this series of movies that my boys are so in love with (the Toy Story trilogy).

After the movie we grabbed some lunch.

And Lincoln was not thrilled with me taking his picture.

He's starting to find out that pulling this face doesn't prevent me from taking the picture...it's too cute (and funny) not to capture.

That night we drove down to Mapleton for a get together with a bunch of girls who served in my mission. This is the second year that Emma (pictured here with her husband and son) has been so fabulous as to organize and host this get together! They have such a huge, amazing (fenced in!) yard too. It's such a great place to eat, visit, and let the kids run wild.

Those of us that were able to attend this year - left to right: Susan, Ruth, Kammie, Jenny, Stacey, Lisa, Emma, Wendy, me.

Me and Wendy. She was my companion in the MTC as well as for a period in Berlin. We went through some hard times together, and became very close. I'm so grateful to know her.

Wendy with her sweetheart Tony.

Me with my boys. Emma took these next several pictures, and I just had to laugh at the progression of bubbles with Lincoln. So typical. Short lived attempt at blowing the bubbles...

Moving on to sipping the bubbles. Mmmm...

Then spilling the bubbles...

Lincoln ran around with Emma's son Calvin part of the night. Isn't he a cutie?

Me doing some chalk drawings with Calvin

Our family before leaving that night.

The Nielsen family. Thanks again, so much Emma for putting this on!
There are no pictures to go with this last story (thank goodness), but I have to add it to complete the story of the evening: The kids had a great time running around and playing at the get together. No sign that either of our boys weren't feeling well, although I had just recovered from a short-lived, but violent flu (you can see where this is going). Anyway, while we were driving home Lincoln starting wretching so hard that vomit was coming out of his mouth and nose...and it partially filled up the pocket on the back side of the drivers' side seat. So gross. We had to pull over and strip our 2 year old on the side of the road and wipe things up as well as we could. I discovered that diapers are great for absorbing barf too, and used them to soak up all the throw up out of the seat pocket. I felt so resourceful. I did find it amusing that Lincoln didn't seem at all phased by this whole thing. He never so much as whimpered (just looked surprised while it was happening)...except when we wouldn't give him back his blankie (it was nasty). Oh, the joys of parenting.

No comments: