Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Last Day of "Quarantine"

I have a zillion posts to catch up on, but for now I just want to say how glad I am that we'll be emerging from our self-imposed quarantine tomorrow. Both Mark & Lincoln have had the swine flu (or, to be PC - the H1N1 virus). Mark got hit really hard which was sad (he's better now), but fortunately since he got it first I was quick to get Lincoln in to his doctor the first day he started showing symptoms. Being under 2 he's in a higher risk category, so I'm glad we did - I normally don't call the doctor at the first sign of one of the kids getting sick. However, upon hearing his symptoms they got us right in and sure enough he tested positive. Luckily he was started on Tamiflu within 10 hours of symptoms presenting themselves. Since he got started with the medication so quickly it did wonders. He was really sick that first day, but was dramatically better by even the very next day! He's finished out the medicine & is symptom free now, but we have been keeping him home for the recommended 7 days just to be on the safe side. Today is day 7 - so hurray for that!

8 comments:

RTC said...

Wow! I'm glad they're both okay, but that is really scary.

Becky T said...

Ooooh, WOW!! I'm glad to hear you guys are on the mend and also able to resume life again. Kind of scary after all they've had on the news, huh?! Glad you weren't all affected too badly. Scary!

kathy w. said...

Oh no! I hope everybody gets feeling better really soon.

David/Dad/Doc said...

I am so glad that you were right on top of this and you are OK.

Becktacular Duo! said...

Whew! What a scare! I'm glad things are ok now. Any idea where it came from?

Camille said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better... hope you are in the clear soon, too! If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to call!

THE WILSONS said...

Holy cow!! I heard that the swine flu is all over Utah. How scary. So g;ad they're all right. How did you and Noah excape it??

The Josher said...

I'm glad everyone ended up alright! Ya think Mark got it from being out at work or something?