Sunday, June 5, 2011

Easter Egg Hunts

The day before Easter (April 23rd) we were able to take the boys to attend a couple of fun Easter egg hunts! The first one was put on by our church early that morning. Plus we were lucky enough to have my good friend Allison staying with us for the weekend, so she came too! Here are the boys ready and waiting for the hunt to start (I love how Linc comes up and holds Noah's hand):



I love these boys. And I don't think there is anything that I love more than when they are sweet/kind with each other...

And the hunt begins! Here is Noah finding an egg...

We were able to get Lincoln to glance at the camera for a quick shot mid-hunt...

A clip of Lincoln finding an egg:


Noah has always been more laid back about just finding an egg or two and then calling it quits to enjoy his goodies (he does the same thing with piƱatas). Although he still wasn't at all frantic about collecting as many eggs as possible, he seemed to be more "into it" this year. No problem getting him to stop for a picture though:

This clip is of Allison and me with the boys after we were all done with the egg hunt. It's nothing spectacular, but I realized that I think it's the only video clip at all that we have of me with my pregnant belly (30 weeks here)...so I'm throwing it in for documentation's sake:


Noah assessing his treasures...

After the egg hunt we enjoyed a yummy breakfast with everyone. Here is Noah with an orange peel in his mouth:

Next (right after our church's egg hunt actually) we headed to Noah's school. They have preschool-8th graders there, and hold a big Easter Egg hunt. They divided the kids into groups by age and had them hunt in different areas. Here is Noah stopping to show me how many eggs that he had...


Lincoln can be a bit more competitive, and got into a zone about collecting as many eggs as possible. He would even shake the eggs to see if they were full of lots of candy, and not bother collecting those that felt like they didn't have much inside. At one point he even ditched his basket while collecting...


My boys after finishing the egg hunts.
We had a lot of fun at both egg hunts! I have to also share a comment of Noah's - which I know was reinforced both at church and school (he attended preschool at a Lutheran school). Right in the middle of all the excitement of egg hunting and candy eating Noah declares to me, "You know, Mom...this isn't really what Easter is all about." He then proceeded to tell me about how Jesus died and was resurrected as if I'd never heard of these events myself before. It was precious. I know that as a 5 year old he is reciting things that he's been taught, but it was so sweet that he took the time to share that amidst all of the commercial excitement of the holiday. And, since these are things that I dear to me, I do hope that when he is older that he chooses to let them take root in his heart as well...and that he'll share those convictions with others with the same pure sincerity that I saw that day.

1 comment:

Jana said...

The boys are so cute! The egg hunts brought back memories. I wish we could have seen them. I love every cute thing they do and every sweet thing they say! Love those guys! And you along with your belly.