Sunday, July 25, 2010

May wrap up!

Wahoo! Time to wrap up the random photos from May that didn't find their way into their own post already. First of all, my sweet cousin Kathy and her husband Christopher had their first baby (Claire) on the 15th of March. We were able to attend the baby blessing on May 2nd, and then we went over to their home to mingle with family. While there Noah went on a picture taking rampage, and while most of the photos (from his height) aren't very flattering - I thought this one of Kathy was cute (even though you can't see the baby)...so I have to include it.

Here are Mark and my boys ogling baby Claire. Noah and Lincoln go nuts for babies right now.


Noah loved running around and playing video games with the bigger kids (some of my cousins), and I had to include this picture showing Noah's video game concentration face.

This is just a quick picture I snapped (from the 5th of May) during an impromptu play date that my friend Claire threw together in her backyard. Just loved seeing these seven sweet kids (all 5 and under) sitting together at a table eating together...

I recently read a book titled The Help, which I loved. It was kind of my last plea for my book club to read that before I moved, and I'm glad we did. I devoured it in two (long) nights and fell in love with the characters in the book. Another reason that I (and other members of our book club) wanted to read it when we did is that the author Kathryn Stockett came for a book reading at The Kings English on May 6th. I really enjoyed hearing her speak, and I must say that I really have high hopes for the movie that they're making of this book. Anyway - after she was done speaking at the art gallery next door, we went to the bookstore for book signings. I tried to snap a picture of "Kitty" signing my book, but my camera batteries died. Luckily my friend Sarah was at least able to snap this picture of her with her phone...

My brother Josh's girlfriend Emily is so dang sweet! This is her bringing a pie to my mom on Mother's Day. Not only is the pie pretty (and the girl!), but pie is my mom's favorite treat.

My cousin (who returned home from a mission in India) spoke in church on Mother's Day (May 9th). After hearing him speak we went over to his parents' house for refreshments and to mingle. My mom ended up taking Noah outside and snapping a few pictures of him. How can you help it when he is this cute?!



Here are a few random pictures of my boys from the middle of May. I'll be the first to admit that my boys fight and argue with each other as often as the next kids do, but I just love when they play together and are little buddies. In fact, there is probably nothing that I love more than that.


Mark's mom was sweet enough to hold onto Mark's favorite stuffed animal from when he was a little boy. Several months ago she gave it to Noah, and he was thrilled. He thinks that it is so cool that it was his daddy's when he was little. Noah named it "monkey-face" and he doesn't sleep without him now. Noah even occasionally pals around with him and teaches him things...like how to color:

We anticipated the release of Toy Story 3 for a long time at our house. One day I realized that the trailer was available online, so I pulled it up on my computer. The boys scampered up onto the bar for a better view of my laptop, and I had to snap this quick picture. I think that they had me re-play that short trailer 9 or 10 times...

As the residency year neared an end...my friends Claire, Leah & I realized that we would all be going different directions and that we should splurge and do something special together for a last hurrah. At first we tried to plan a short getaway together, but that didn't pan out...so we opted for the less expensive (and closer) option of a spa day. I was able to buy a discounted gift card online and also combine it with a special the spa was running, so we got a killer deal (thanks, Shirodhara Day Spa!).

There was only one day (May 29th) within about a 3 month span that we could get our husbands schedules to align so they could watch their kids while we went. So! When the day arrived, we headed off to the spa for nearly 5 hours of worry-free bliss!

Thanks, Leah & Claire. I had such a great time...and I miss you!

Now to wrap up this post. On the last day of May we ended up taking the boys out for dinner to Noodles & Co. It wasn't a special occasion or anything, just a fun dinner out as a family. I keep my camera in the diaper bag so I snapped a couple of pictures. These two pictures aren't anything amazing, but we had such a fun evening that night that they make me smile when I look at them. So, onto the blog they go...for me to smile at anytime I want.
Goodbye, May.

1 comment:

kathy w. said...

You have the cutest kids! I'm so glad you made it to our house before you skipped town. Hope all is going well with you!