Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Arrrr, Matey...

I love kids' birthday parties, so I'll be sad when they eventually stop doubling as social events for the parents as the kids get older, and I have to start just dropping them off at the party. Anyway! Noah's friend Owen turned four (whose mom is my friend Alicia) - and they had a pirate themed birthday party for him (May 22nd). Everything was so cute & the few pictures I took don't do it justice, but here are just a few to help us remember it! They had all sorts of food...starting with veggie swords.

There's not much mean about an orange slice, but Noah managed to work it into his pirate routine. Both him and Lincoln downed orange slices like they hadn't eaten in days. I've never served them like that (soccer game half-time style) at home, so I'll have to try it...

Grabbing a hunk of meat with your hands seemed perfectly pirate-ish to Noah too!

The pirate ship they set up in the front room was a big hit with the kids who scampered about in it playing out various pirate scenes.

I honestly don't remember what was happening here, but I had to include a picture with Zoey the pirate in pink...

Alicia had a treasure hunt set up for the kids, which they loved! They each got these cute little velvet pouches filled with gold coins and other treasures...

Owen (the birthday boy!) blowing out the candles on his cake. Noah loved that an Oreo cookie was used for the pirates eye patch...

Owen & Noah.
Thanks so much for inviting us! We had such a great time.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I get such a kick out of Noah when he "acts". He can put himself in just about any character. Cute little pirates and pirate party. You've had a lot of fun parties with your Salt Lake friends.