Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We alternate spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with each side of our family, and this year it was my side of the family for Thanksgiving. Since my brother's family was in town for Audrey's party (he couldn't have work off over Thanksgiving Day) - we had Thanksgiving dinner the Sunday before the real turkey day, so we could be together. Here are a couple of quick family pictures that we snapped that afternoon.

Noah's face in this one cracks me up. I love my boys!

Noah loved holding his new nephew Ezra.

I loved doing this when I was a kid. May as well pass on the tradition...

Linc loved the olives. In fact - with all the yummy food choices to pick from, the only things he would eat were: olives, rolls, cranberry sauce, and lima beans. Not your typical 2-year old foods of choice.

My grandparents on both sides were able to join us for dinner also. Here's the whole fam.

Ezra doing what everyone wants to do after thanksgiving dinner (now if he'd just do it at night time, right?)

And we wrapped up a great Thanksgiving Day with playing cards and eating pie. I love this holiday.

On the actual Thanksgiving Day my mom's parents hosted a big Thanksgiving Dinner at their house. Lincoln's favorite Part of dinner was the strawberry jello. Here he is asking earnestly for more (and more) which he pronounces as "mone" - I had to get a clip of that.


You've got to watch this quick (11 second) clip. It's more from the jello eating, but I've never seen a more enthusiastic "yeah!" when someone is asked if they want more of something. The little head shake really cracked me up.

We had a great Thanksgiving holiday, but are fortunate to have so many things to be thankful for every day of the year. There are more things I am grateful for than I could attempt to list, but those things with a stronghold at the top of my list are always our wonderful family and friends. So, to each of you that are reading this - I love you and am thankful for you!

1 comment:

Jana said...

And we love you too! We're so thankful for the great 4 kids we have, and for the perfect 4 grandchildren!