Friday, July 11, 2008

Seven/Eleven

So, if I ask you what you picture when I say "seven-eleven" - I bet that most of you picture this...
Or maybe this...
Some of you may even picture this...
I on the other hand think of a small, intimate wedding ceremony at the Manti temple...
Or happy smooches like this...
You see...on today's date (which is 7/11), seven years ago, I married my sweetheart. It was a hot, sunny, July day - but I don't remember the heat bothering me a bit. We were the only wedding held there that entire day. Things were relaxed & happy, and we were surrounded by so many of the people in our lives that we love the very most. We released monarch butterflies after the ceremony and, since they're attracted to white, several of them flew to my dress & veil (and my flowers of course). We had a perfect day to start the beginning of the rest of our lives together.
I loved that we could be as kissy and affectionate as we wanted around everyone, and that it was totally socially acceptable! I loved being fussed over in the brides' room. I loved that I didn't have to tote around a camera at all that day like I normally do, but that I still would have plenty of beautiful photos to look back on (thanks to our great photographers & videographer)!
I loved that we decided on an indoor wedding reception (at Castlebrook) even though it was the middle of July, because that evening during the reception a huge rainstorm blew in & we hardly noticed it. We were too busy mingling with all of our friends and family (including several who traveled some distance to celebrate with us), feeding each other wedding cake, dancing together, or (me) throwing my bouquet way too hard over my shoulder so that it went clear past all the girls waiting to catch it.
But, of course, the thing that I think of most fondly when I hear "seven-eleven" is my handsome groom. I have honestly never made a better choice than that of marrying Mark. He is such a sweet, funny, thoughtful, hardworking husband - and such a good daddy to our boys. So, even though it is lots of fun on our anniversary to think back to our wedding day, I feel like today is also a day to celebrate what we have experienced, and will experience, together. And who we are today because of each other. Amidst life's busy schedule, it's nice to take a step back and remember what a wonderful blessed life that we have. I'm so grateful for you, Mark & for our life together. Ik hou van jou. Ich liebe dich. Wo ai ni. Je t'aime. Te Amo....and every other way that we know to say it. I love you.
...and I have to add one more picture. Mark just surprised me a few minutes ago (while I was finishing up this post) by coming home early! He arrived with roses, a thoughtful card, and my favorite Jamba Juice! Thanks, sweetie! I love you!P.S. For those of you that are still thinking about the earlier picture of a Slurpee...when I was uploading that picture I found out that you can get a free Slurpee at participating 7 elevens today! So happy 7/11 to everyone!!

No comments: