Friday, July 18, 2008

8 Months (& 5 days) old

So, I'm finally doing Lincoln's 8 month post. I'll start off with a picture that I snapped this morning of him in his pajamas. Well, they're not actually his, they are really Noah's. All of Linc's were in the laundry, but these fit, so why not? Lincoln's growth will have to plateau here pretty soon...

Lincoln may not have changed a whole ton physically in the last month - but he feels like he has grown up a lot to me. I think that him sitting up on his own, and officially abandoning the infant carrier makes him seem so much older to me. Here are a couple of those "oooooh, look how big he's getting" pictures...

Noah still thinks that it is pretty novel to have his brother come sit by him in the shopping cart car. The first time that I put Lincoln there next to him...we were in the middle of shopping and Noah looked over at Lincoln, hugged him, and said "I love you, Linc". My heart absolutely melted.

Lincoln actually prefers being on his belly to being on his back now. In fact, he's starting to do the shimmy, army crawl thing. It won't be long...

Other 8 month tid-bits include: His legs are strong & he's finally interested in standing now (doesn't just do spaghetti legs). He gets seriously upset if you take away something he's playing with (Noah has found that out). I weighed him on his actual 8 month birthday and he was exactly 23 & 1/2 pounds. He loves the doorway jumper now. If he feels like it, he'll give Eskimo kisses (which I call doing "noses")...and now it's evolved into being fun for him to just shake his head back and forth really fast. I sometimes use a bottle - and he will finally hold it on his own. He adores his brother. He added two top teeth to match his two bottom teeth. Noah naps more than he does during the day. He smiles almost all the time, and at almost anyone. Of course, there are different types of smiles. Here's the sweet smile...

This is his big, happy smile...

And this is his newest addition, which I like to call "the super-cheese". He'll scrunch up his nose, stick out his chin, and just grin so hard that it's like he's going to burst. Sometimes his whole body will tense up because he's smiling so hard :)
We love you, Linc!

No comments: